Monday, December 7, 2009

Hello Out There!


Hi everybody passing by, this is going to be the place I post photos of my new books, discuss techniques, ask for feedbacka nd general feel very important about what it is I do.

I have a couple of neat custom orders coming up shortly, and my wonderful husband cut up a whole bunch of board for me, so I have plenty to do.

My Christmas present to myself will be a couple days spent in my studio (if I ever clean it up) so there will be some paintings coming up at long last as well!

In the meantime, here's a photo of my newest endevour, experimenting a little with the shape of the leather spine and whatnot. I got the paper from another etsy seller. It's gorgeous cherry blossom print Japanese paper. I think it's very pretty, though I can't seem to decide if it's a little too much going on. Mind you, I always think that. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog, for the second time. Thought you'd like an answer to your question - no, I don't think there is too much going on with this book. The leather is plain, so it doesn't interfere with the pattern of the paper. I like the shape of the quarter-binding at the front - different and interesting. The pinky cord fastening is great - it brings it all together. Lovely book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad to get another opinion, I never feel very comfortable with brand new things.

    ReplyDelete