Sunday, March 28, 2010

Creative Confusion

Thanks to three epic fails in the art department, today's post is all about my studio. It's the largest room in my (admittedly very small) house and yet it is always always the most cluttered. God knows why, I arrange everything before I start working and have to have all my supplies in their place and colours all arranged in order before I start working, and yet, here it is. At least I have a fan now! That hasn't been attached to anything, but there it is. I love having things all over the walls, though. Experiments, old sketches, photos I'm going to paint someday, my postcards, random quotes, post-it notes. I love post-it notes. I'm terrible at throwing things away just in case I need it for inspiration someday. The rest of my house is practically spartan, but here... There's an accordion folder in there somewhere with my stash of little bits of paper. I got it once it a fevered rush to get organized. I don't think I labeled the different sections. I now prefer my computer folder called 'Things to Paint" full of photos I've taken off my friends on facebook.
Once upon a time, when it was new, it looked like this. You can see where I just broke my coffee mug. A taste of things to come, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, can't see the "Once upon a time" photo.. just a blank box!

    But a Studio should be messy - at least while you are working on something. It is the law.

    Yours doesn't look too bad anyway. And if the rest of your house is so tidy, I reckon you're doing pretty well!

    ReplyDelete