Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last Day in My Studio (Caryn's Kite)


I have to go back to work tomorrow after a very enjoyable and productive five days off. Ugh. But at least I spent the last day enjoying the afternoon in my studio! I had a photo I've been meaning to paint for years and years. I've even tried a couple times but always hated what I came up with. But today I managed something at last! Here it is step-by-step.





The finished product! If only it photographed a little better. There are actually hundreds of colours in that big white field, but it all sort of washed out. All the colours that were there a few steps back are still there, just layered and blended. This closeup has a few more of them, try to imagine that anywhere it looks like it's white, because it's actually anything but.

1 comment:

  1. Fab and so colourful! Great to have achieved your goal of painting the photo at last.
    Hope work is ok when you go back - it always feels a bit of a wrench at first, and a bit strange...
    Soon be the weekend!

    ReplyDelete