Monday, May 31, 2010

Polka Dots! Moleskine cover

I love polka dots. I really, really do. I was going to make a book something like this but covered in the little things, but I adapted it for a cover instead. Oh, and wouldn't you know it, this way I get to play with little bits of different paper too. At least I'm consistent.

I made this using my eyelet setter - well, the hole making tool of it, I jsut have no idea what you'd call it. But it works great for making regular holes through leather. Just put some different papers underneath, and here we are!

I also put some heavy paper in between to emboss the straps a little because it didn't look quite right when it was at one level. I'm not sure how well you can see it on the photos.

I was going to put the patterned paper on the cover rather that on the inside, but I thought that might be a little much, kind of like the Spring Green one I just did. Which I like, but you have to admit is a whole lot of different patterns. So I managed to find a blue that exactly matched on used it on the front instead, and then you get a nice shot a colour inside. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment