Wednesday, September 15, 2010

'Scrap' book and some big news

First, I must apologize for not posting anything in about three weeks! Life has been a little crazy and I just didn't get much done as, unfortunately, I had other stuff to take care of instead. Specifically, my enrollment date for the Air Force finally got here and I and will be leaving shortly for training, so there is much to do to prepare. I'm done work now though, so I do have a little time for some side projects.

This book, as well as the ones I'm working on like it, is an effort to use the last bits of leather I have. I don't have quite enough for full books and don't want to make hundreds of miniature ones, so I came up with this design. I quite like the look of it, though I think I'll use gromets to attach the next ones because sewing takes an excruciatingly long time.

I'm not sure if you can tell, but the light leathers are all a little different.

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean you will be giving up your bookbinding and shop(s)?
    Good luck with your Air Force training - sounds like an exciting new chapter in your life!
    The "bits & pieces" book idea is cool - I love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing about your experience with Air Force training. Sounds like an interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be putting the bookbinding away, but only for a few months. I do have an idea what I can do while I'm there, though. I'll put up some pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete