Wednesday, December 22, 2010

'Comic Book' Portraits - Smith

I'm back for three glorious weeks this Christmas and went straight to my studio. And kitchen. Oh, and bedroom of course. Real blankets! Sleeping in past 5! It's nice to be home, but I've got work to do.

This is the first in a series of portraits I want to complete. They're based on people from my platoon and are going to be done in a variety of comic and graphic novel inspired styles. This one is sort of a Frank Miller - Sin City thing. It's also based on the Mad Men season three poster. Not bad for a start. I'm hoping to have enough good pieces by the time this one is done to submit some applications and get a show at some point.

1 comment:

  1. I love the high-contrast, black and white only image; also the lettering and the way the figure is looking over his glasses at the viewer.
    A good painting - good luck with making a collection of pieces in time for a show!

    I hope you've been doing ok on your training and that you have a happy and peaceful Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete