Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jabberwocky - Logistics

I'm going to start quickly noting on these post the time and materials etc that have gone into this book because in order to get a realistic figure when I put them for sale after I'm done, I need to have a better idea of what I've done, and I think it's about time I start thinking a little more like a professional, and a little less like this is just a cute hobby.

But I've already completely lost track. This is not natural for me (a good reason for me to work on it) and I'm a little lost. Do I count the time I spent on google images looking up random searches in hope of inspiration? How do I subtract all those times I obsessively checked my email? Then I roamed around the library a bit looking at things, planned things in my head when I couldn't sleep, picked things up for a couple of minutes at a time while doing something else, etc etc. How do I keep track of that?

As close as I can figure, so far I've spent:
Research - 5 hours
Form trials - 3 hours
Materials - yay! I haven't had to buy anything yet at least. I think this will be the most depressing part to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment