Sunday, June 19, 2011

J'adore Montréal

I love Montréal, though I always seem to end up spending long periods of time at the airport (through no fault of the airport itself). However, since this is the first time I've had internet all week I'm extremely happy for the opportunity (also, the bar I'm at makes good whiskey sours). I've been in town for five days at a hotel very near both Centre-Ville and the Old City. I had to stay at a major hotel because I was at a conference, which is too bad, but it was a great location nonetheless. If you've never been to Montréal, you should, but stay at a small local hotel or B&B. These are some of the pictures I've taken in the past few days. I've got a quite few more that I'm going to make into lino prints as well, if I ever get home. The photo above is one of those 'You know you're in Montréal when...' moments (I got cheese in my registration package. I love Québec!), thanks to their much more European attitude to, well, most things. You can bring your own wine to restaurants and things of that sort. I hate wine, but they have a few excellent breweries here, so I'm well satisfied. 

 I got in a little early and got to play tourist in the Old City. I did loads of shopping as well because the city is full of great boutiques by local designers, but those shops weren't quite as pretty.





This statue based on Robert Indiana's LOVE was outside a hotel in the Old City and I snapped a few shots because it looks pretty cool on film.


Just outside Notre Dame Cathedral.

Well who doesn't? 


1 comment: