Monday, October 24, 2011

The Sketchbook Project - Retro Circles


I couldn't decide what to do for the next page of my sketchbook, so I did a Google images search for 'abstract styles' and used the first one that appealed to me - a retro poster with rays and circles. It was kind of fun, and unusual for me, so it seemed like a good fit. I started out doing the writing along the rays, but for some reason forgot to adjust the angle as I moved, so it ended up perpendicular at the end. That's OK, it was kind of a nifty composition experiment anyway. I d feel like it's missing something, though. 

3 comments:

  1. i like it very much; as i do with the drawings from your earlier posts!
    have a good, creative week : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. A great experiment. How about a larger ring round the left-hand circle - one that is maybe a bit thicker? There's a lot of "white space" on that top left-hand corner...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to try something a little bit different, so I did an asymmetrical composition. It's not really ideal, but I don't think I can change, or at least sufficiently erase it now.

    ReplyDelete