Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Books Reduction Lino Print - Idea and Contest

I took a bunch of photos of old books a few months ago, and took one to separate into colours for a reduction lino print:


It's eleven colours. Eleven! That's ridiculous. But hey, the one with only four colours worked out well enough, so I'll just jump ahead to something way way more complicated instead of maybe taking it easy and doing one with, say, six or something. Sigh... oh well, that's how I roll. This should be interesting. I'm going to start with more prints, because I want to have at least six prints that turn out in the end, and if I only have six good ones out of eight (that I started printing) on a four colour reduction, I'll need to start with at least twice on this one, and be a lot more careful!

I have high hopes for this one, and since it's Christmas and I'm feeling warm and fuzzy toward the world, I'm going to give one away! Just leave a comment below this, or any of the posts about this lino cut (each one gets an entry). If you want extra entries, let me know that you've mentioned this on your blog.

1 comment:

  1. So, I've come into this a long way into the process of printing - at the red and dk green stages. But it's been fun to find where you started out. I love the idea of using photo software to separate out the main colours. Great technique to use!
    I am just so pleased to see these posts - especially just now, as I'm about to take a week away in Spain, to do two short lino printing courses.

    ReplyDelete